Go figure..today my son has a sore throat and today is his recital at school :( What would you do?

The school sent home a note the later part of last week saying that the students have been exposed to strep throat.
So of course..he starts complaining of a sore throat last night. :(
His doctor appointment isnt until 4...AFTER the program is over.
His throat is red :(
He has a bit of a cough, he says its because its itchy.
No fever.
He WANTS to go to his recital.
I feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. On one hand...IF it is strep..I don't want any of the other kids exposed....but if it turns out NOT to be, I'm going to feel bad that he did all that hard work for his recital for nothing. :(
What would you do???

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 11:56 AM on May. 18, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Chloraseptic :)
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:59 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Have him gargle with warm salty water, it helps me every time. Also, if it's strep throat he will have little white bumps in the back of his throat. You might want to check that.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 12:01 PM on May. 18, 2011

• You need to keep him home. :( You don't want to be one of those moms who is known to send sick kids to school and expose everyone.

I'm sorry mama! It couldn't happen at a worse time!
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:01 PM on May. 18, 2011

• If you want to be sure , though, you could take him to an urgent care (walk-in) this morning. Have them run a quick strep test. If it is neg, then you might be able to send him to the recital.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:03 PM on May. 18, 2011

• He got it from school. You wouldn't be saving anybody any germs by keeping him home. How does he feel?
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 2:26 PM on May. 18, 2011

• make some holes in a lemon with a fork, microwave it for 30 seconds then squeeze out the juice and let him gargle and swallow the juice. it will give him relief.
    not-the-momma

Answer by not-the-momma at 4:02 PM on May. 23, 2011