School???!!

I need to look for a 2nd daycare/school for my son in case our provider decides one day she is done.

What do i look for?
Also I'd like to get him in to 4 k next year. He will be 4 in march.
How/what do you look for and how do you know its the 1.

Off course all moms don't like this step. My son loves learning. Im excited but i'm sick to my stomach that i don't know what i am doing .. Help Me Please

Mrs.Ro

Asked by Mrs.Ro at 12:04 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Are you needing all day care? If you are just looking for PT pre school programs, do a google search for your area. My DD attends a 4K program through the park district - PT. It's a GREAT program. She has done so well. If you are looking for FT care, check out the centers and home daycare providers in your area. Look into what type of curriculum they offer, their child:teacher ratios, licensing and accreditation, activities provided, fees, etc etc etc. What drew you to the woman your child is with now?

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 2:14 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I would ask other mother's in your area with the same age child and see where their kids go. Call the school and see if you can do a tour. I know with my son I was able to do a tour of the place with out him and then he was able to go and sit in the class he would be in when he starts school for a little while.
    mommyoftwo77

Answer by mommyoftwo77 at 3:13 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Start by finding what schools/daycares offer the hours you need at a rate you feel you can pay. If you get on greatschools.com you can read lots of parent reviews and get more info on the major ones in your area. You can also check with the state and find out about official reports and complaints (one in a few years is an angry parent or former employee, 5 is reason to stay the heck away). Go to the schools on a tour with your child, see how he reacts and see what you think too. Ask questions and note cleanliness, how the children in class are behaving and try to get an introduction from the school. Pick the school that combined makes you feel most comfortable and you think is the best fit for your child.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 4:28 PM on May. 18, 2011