Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mattress baby moniter?

Okay I know that there is now a thing you can put under either the crib sheet or under the mattress. It moniters your infants movements and tells you when they have stopped moving for a set amount of time (I believe it's either 30 or 60 seconds but I'm not sure). Does anyone know what this is called?

Thanks in advance!

Answer Question

Asked by 2murphyboys at 6:09 AM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 17 (3,683 Credits)
Answers (2)

    Try this site, from Babies R Us. It's called the Babysense V - Infant Movement Monitor. Or just try googling "baby movement monitor" or something similar. Hope this helps!

    Answer by algolden05 at 8:20 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

  • It's the AngelCare monitor by BebeSounds.
    I have one. My daughter would NOT sleep on her back - only on her tummy. It gave me a little extra peace of mind. Does it prevent SIDS? NO. But it can let you know if your little one stops breathing which gives you a chance to help them before brain damage occurs.
    I'm also planning on using it when we move her to her toddler bed. It will let us know when she gets out of bed in the middle of the night since it won't feel her breathing.

    Answer by kaycee14 at 12:15 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.