Do you have things on your mind but afraid to say them out loud?

I have a very sick child. He has been through alot but is still with us. Prayers are always going out and we are being blessed. I have so much running through my mind but afraid if I let some of it out, it will happen. Does that make sense? I pray daily (almost constantly) for strength. My husband seems so strong through all of this and it makes me feel guilty that I can't be more like him. I do put on the front when my child is around because I do not want him to worry or be scared. Even when we have good days or good reports, the next day is very emotional for me . Like a damn bursts and I have to let it out. Then I am good to go again until the next one. I do have a doctor and some med and it does help to a point. Is this normal? or is there such a thing as normal in situations like this? Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• It's hard for anyone to keep it together day by day when there is major stress going on in your life. But it sounds like you are managing it well. Do you see a therapist that you can let everything out that you need too? That may help too. Best wishes & I hope your child feels better soon.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:31 PM on May. 18, 2011

• When my son had cancer it was hard and yes I said things and had thoughts I should not have had but I had to say them to clear the mind and in the cold light of day its you and your family dealing with this. I was alone but sometimes you cary him and other times he will cary you. I knew my son would survive and I worked off of that everyday faith can move mountains but sometimes it just need to move you from day to day. ((((HUGS)))
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:42 PM on May. 18, 2011

• My son has a brain tumor (cancer) which the docs say can't be operated on. He has done his radiation and is on chemo. He is doing well and back in school. He is 9 and really does not know how serious it is. He just knows he has a brain tumor. The docs all tell us that it is a matter of time before it comes back and there is nothing left to do. We have so many people praying for him and really when I say we have been blessed, we have because of all the side effects he could have had, he had none other than being tired and sometimes a little sick at his stomach. He is such a trooper because he has to have blood work done weekly and MRIs done every few weeks. I know God is watching over him and us. Like you said pink dragon, Faith to go from day to day. I have to remind myself of that. Thanks
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:49 PM on May. 18, 2011

• So sorry, there is so much emotion that comes with a sick child. Not a real expert, but it sounds like your behavior is completely normal for all you are going through. I have a friend with late stage cancer who has similar patterns of moments. Do you have a support system around you, do you have somewhere to share your feelings-a care page, facebook page, a journal? Men express things differently so you can compare yourself to anyone. I will add you to my prayers and if you want to private message me to blurt out whatever is off your head I will not judge, I will just try to return some posititve reinforcement.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 4:54 PM on May. 18, 2011