I have 2 cats: 1 is 4 yrs old and the other 1 yr old. Early in the morning, they start fighting and it seems to be always around me. Should I ignore them or what?

Both cats are brown tabbies and neutered males. Both are extremely affectionate and I got them primarily for my 13 yr old daughter. I've never owned cats before.

Ewadun

Asked by Ewadun at 9:06 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Pets

• My cats sleep and eat all day and then run circles around the house chasing each other all night. Usually one is playing and one is mad about being played with...an they alternate who's playing and who's mad...all night. Are you sure they're just not playing? They are nocturnal.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:39 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Is it new behavior or something they've always done? I'm assuming that the younger one has been around a while too and not new? Do they do it before you feed them? I have a three-year-old brother and sister, both fixed and they get rather hatefully to eachother when the food bowl runs low. They could also just be competing for your attention that's pretty normal also.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 9:08 PM on Dec. 6, 2008