Potty training......Wiping issue!

Yay! My 3 y/o is finally 100% potty trained (except the occasional nighttime accident). The problem we are having is that she will go potty, poop, and not call me to wipe her butt. She just puts her clothes on and goes about her business. I tell her everytime, if you poop, call Mommy to clean your bottom........what else can I do?

Kimedbs

Asked by Kimedbs at 12:55 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My DD is 3 also, and has this same problem! But we are trying to get her to wipe herself and she wouldn't! But we bought the flushable wipes and that seems to work for her. She didnt like us wiping her because "she wasn't a baby" (her words lol).
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:58 PM on May. 18, 2011

• at least she goes by herself lol!~ My son still asks or tells me, Mommy, I have to go potty. I'm like ok then - Go lol! he's 3-1./2
    I still wipe him though - he doesn't even want to try -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:57 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Right now I have to follow behind ds and wipe for him. I still haven't figured out how to get through him.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 12:57 PM on May. 18, 2011

• you will just have to continue with the repetition for now by explaining after she uses her potty to call you to help her wipe. then as you're wiping walk her through it simply so she can someday learn how to do it herself, which takes a while. my 4 1/2 year old still hasn't perfected wiping lol! it takes some time and patience. but do have her call you when she's done, tell her she'll itch if she doesn't clean up afterwards.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:02 PM on May. 18, 2011