Tips for moving to big bed ... help please!

My 23 month old son slept over at his grandparent's house last night ... dh and I took his crib down and moved his bed boy bed into his room and set it up. Does anybody have any tips for him/us to survive tonight when he gets back home? We've been talking about it to him, but still assuming this is going to be a challenging transition. Thanks for ANY tips mommas!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would just show him the bed(hopefully you have something he likes for the blankets) like spongebob, etc. And tell him that this is how big boys sleep. And if you do have charachter blankets, tell him he needs to sleep with whichever one it was. And make sure his fav blaket/stuffed animal if he has one, is in the bed too. Im sure there may be nights he gets out and comes into mommy and daddys room, but just take him back to his bed. Have a nightlight if hes used one. Hope your l/o switches to his bed easy for you mama!
    mommy_of_2_0609

Answer by mommy_of_2_0609 at 1:32 PM on May. 18, 2011