What is the best way to transition baby to her crib.

She will sleep in her crib for 30 minutes to 1 hour. This happens in the daytime as well as at night.

SophiaKsMom

Asked by SophiaKsMom at 1:18 PM on May. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• I feel ya..my little girl did this too. How old is she? If she is over 4 months, if she eats right before bed, i was told that babies can last 7 hours without eating and the only reason a baby gets up before is just to have the bottle to put them back to sleep. What i would do is let her cry for about 5 mins, then go in there and do whatever you do that puts her back to sleep... then the next time wait 10 mins...then the next 15. And eventually she will not wanna cry for 15 mins knowing that you wont be coming in there anytime soon... this worked for my daughter. I was spoiling her SO much and i didnt realize that i was the reason why she cried all the time. Once i buckled down and decided she WILL sleep in her crib and she will put herself to sleep...she doesnt cry as much, and she actually plays on her own without cryin every 5 mins. Good luck mama!
    Mommy103110

Answer by Mommy103110 at 1:24 PM on May. 18, 2011

• OH and will she sleep longer in where else? My daughter wouldnt sleep in her crip but maybe 30 mins but would take a 2 hour nap in her swing. I started transitioning her from the swing to the crib first during the day during nap time..but at nights i put her in the swing. Eventually i started putting her in the crib during the day and night.
    Mommy103110

Answer by Mommy103110 at 1:27 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Sorry forgot to mention she is 5 1/2 months old. She sleeps better if she is sleeping beside my husband or myself in the bed. I have tried transitioning her into her crib about 15 minutes after falling asleep. As you know when your tired you just do what is easier for yourself. I think I will try putting her in her crib during her next nap time.

Thanks for the advice.
    SophiaKsMom

Comment by SophiaKsMom (original poster) at 2:30 PM on May. 18, 2011

• It'd best to put baby in the crib when she is drowsy but still awake. We swaddled our LO with a "swaddleme" and gave her a pacifier and by 3-4 months she was sleeping inhere crib for a full night. Letting baby fall asleep and then moving her just wakes her up.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 10:51 PM on May. 18, 2011

• She normally doesn't wake up when I put her in her crib after falling asleep on me or near me.
    SophiaKsMom

Comment by SophiaKsMom (original poster) at 5:05 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Good luck mommy!
    Mommy103110

Answer by Mommy103110 at 7:17 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Here is an update..The last few days she has napped in her crib and slept in her crib all night. Hopefully it last.
    SophiaKsMom

Comment by SophiaKsMom (original poster) at 3:00 PM on May. 24, 2011