how early can i tell i'm pregnant from a home pregnancy test?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It usually says on the box. Different tests have different window's of accuracy. Read the paper inside if it doesn't say on the box. Good luck!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:20 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• usually about 2 days before your missed period. That is if your are regular. The boxes will say 5 days, but only 5% of the testees actually tested positive. The longer you wait the more likely your results will be honest. Waiting til you actually are late is probably the best.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 9:21 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• what if you had your period or what you thought was your period, but it wasn't nearly as heavy as normal and you were very stressed which can cause your period to not be as heavy, but you think you're putting all the other symptoms in your head because you are scared.
    Anonymous

• if you spot, is it at the same time as your period would be?
    juliagula09

Answer by juliagula09 at 9:25 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I had irregular periods, some heavy some light. It depends on what is normal for you. You can take a test if you want. Really it depends on how far you might be... I have heard that it is almost impossible to get a positive before 2 or 3 weeks. I have never got one before 4 weeks.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 9:28 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• i waited until i was suppose to miss my period. i was so regular and so in tuned to my body. that i knew. its weird how well we know our bodies. wait until your missed period
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:48 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• i would wait till the day of your miss period i know i had to wait till i was 2 months along and this one i took on the day of my miss period and i got a BFY which to me was weird i had to call my hubby to make sure i was seeing it right
    Anonymous