Does anyone else have inconsistant OPK's?

I've been tracking opk's due to it being too early for a hpt. Yesterday morning is was a very dark line starting at 8am than gradually faded @ 11am and 7pm was nearly existing. Then this morning I tried it and it was dark and defined again. I understand how soluted urine can effect it picking up on hormones, but is this normal for it to be so unconsistant? I wasn't drinking alot yesterday because I knew I was going to be testing opk's....

triciabc21

Asked by triciabc21 at 1:46 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Wait a sec... you mean the same one? Or you tested three times?

I personally found OPKs completely USELESS. Mine said I was NOT ovulating when my BBT chart said I clearly WAS... and the CHART was right because my son was born nine months later.

Save your money. Leave off the OPKs, start charting instead. www.tcoyf.com will help. And if I remember correctly, you thought you were pregnant already? When was your last period?

Answer by gdiamante at 1:49 PM on May. 18, 2011

• No..I never experience that. Usually when I take one the line get darker. What brand are you using? Im using some cheap ones from early-pregnancy-test.com
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 1:51 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Maybe u should talk to ur Dr. Abut this. As u may not be ovulating as u supposed too. OOOORRR do the BBT chart instead....I am PG with Lil girl.....and based my ovulation on BBT charting. PS doctor told me I wouldnt have ne more children 4yrs ago.
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 2:08 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I don't know if I am pregnant, I haven't had my period in a while. I've always gone an average of 3 months without mesntrating. Sometimes I have all symptoms of menstrating without bleeding. The HPT came back negative, but it's only been 2 weeks today or tomorrow... So I've been trying to use an OPK to watch if it picks up on any hormone levels and if it changes (goes away) I figured the odds of me being preg are min. *just a theory for being impatient and not having a clue if I am or not* Just been trying to narrow it down a little bit.
    triciabc21

Comment by triciabc21 (original poster) at 6:05 PM on May. 18, 2011