Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Where do you go to get a paternity test done? * some language*

Scott is Jaden’s father and the state of Colorado said because i am still married to my bastard for an ex they can't put Scott’s last name on the baby's Birth certificate. The state of Colorado is fucked we have to do a maternity test between Jaden and Scott. My Ex has not even taken the time to see his son Harold and his last 3 and a half years Scott has been here helping me raised Harold for the last 2 and a half years.


Asked by momy_lynn_16 at 1:54 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 10 (433 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • Talk to your family Dr for a referral. (And it's a paternity test.)

    Answer by riotgrrl at 1:59 PM on May. 18, 2011

  • It isnt just your state. It is to protect parental rights because some women will say it is not the husbands child when it is. I went through the same thing. All we had to do was a legitimization of my dd through the courts. My ex signed some paperwork the court needed saying he knew he wasnt the father, and my fiance signed he was the father and that was that. Call a family lawyer and ask them if you couldnt do something similar.

    Answer by gemgem at 2:10 PM on May. 18, 2011

  • i called vital records at the hospital that i delivered jaden at and they are now saying that they don't even have a record of him being born there, it is bull shit because the doc that delivered my son filed the report in labor and delivery my SO and I also filed an affidavit of paternity in the hospital when jaden was born... I'm just glad i caught this now


    Comment by momy_lynn_16 (original poster) at 3:05 PM on May. 18, 2011