What workouts help you the most?

and how often do you workout?

DomesticQueen07

Asked by DomesticQueen07 at 2:09 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I did step aerobics 5 days a week for 45 minutes and loved it at the local gym! fat melted away!
    Anonymous

• Walking really is the best workout for me. Especially early in the morning or at dusk. It gives my a chance to spend time with God and reflect on the priorities of the day. It's also a good way to clear my head after a strategic day.
    Ms.Ronee

Answer by Ms.Ronee at 2:12 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I do aikido and Krav Maga and power 90.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:14 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I love doing pilates! Fast results and relatively low impact:)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 2:16 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Running. It wasn't easy but the results were/are pretty quick (within 2 weeks). I was doing 5-7 miles per day, six days per week. I also lifted weights (heavy lifting, 8> reps in sets of 2 or 3). You WILL get more hungry if you work out that much, but you really can't give in that much. You have to be conscious of your calorie intake and where your calories are coming from. Just because I burned an extra 600 calories off at the gym doesn't mean I get free reign to eat a 1/2lb cheese burger with fries and a margarita. That completely negates what you do. I guess that's the mistake I see most often....people killing themselves at the gym and sabotaging all their hard work with what they eat.
    Molly4630

Answer by Molly4630 at 5:02 PM on May. 18, 2011

• What helped me the most was 1. Finding an activity I LOVED beyond just using it to lose weight and 2. Varying my workouts. I started running b/c I was getting bored with my workouts and ended up becoming friends with other runners and falling in love with the community. I now run for fun, for sport (LOVE races, 5k's 10k's halfs and just ran my 1st full!) to push myself. Now everything I do is a supplement to help me be a better runner. I eat well b/c if I don't I don't run well. I work out 6 days but don't run every day as I'm prone to injury.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 5:11 PM on May. 18, 2011