Random thought

We hear all the time about priests getting caught sexual abusing boys but do you ever hear of a nun abusing girls? I know it happens.

And, is the pope over the nuns? I'm not catholic.

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 2:22 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Not sure- I am wondering if Nuns have access to children like Priests do- like being in authority, being alone, going on trips- that kind of thing-
    As far as other types of abuse- knowing kids from private schools as a child and knowing what they were allowed to do back then as far as discipline- I would thin that by todays standards plenty of Nuns abused children-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 3:56 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I'm sure, over the centuries that there have been nuns and so forth, that there have been nuns who have abused children, whether sexually or otherwise. I'm also sure that there have been nuns abused by priests and so forth, at one time or another, as well. And I'm not just talking about during the Crusades either....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:30 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I will say that I believe sexual abuse from nuns is less frequent or common than from priests, though, given the differences in the male and female sex drive and so forth....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:31 PM on May. 18, 2011

• funny, you don't hear about sexual abuse from female-to-child as much as male-to-child. weird..maybe the males are the oversexed ones. good question, op. (although, i'm sure its happened!)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:05 PM on May. 18, 2011

• No, can't say that I have.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 6:25 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I am wanting an answer to the question.
    Jademom07

Comment by Jademom07 (original poster) at 2:28 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Are you wanting gossip info or do you want to convert?

traren

Answer by traren at 2:24 PM on May. 18, 2011