Husband began his mandatory vacation today.....

will this marriage still be in tact after 11 days? It's 1:21pm and he's asleep. I am thinking some pretty criminal thoughts right now.... what would YOU do? He works in an office it's not like he's a damn crab fisherman coming home battered and exhausted and needing to decompress. I wonder if I'll snap at him or suppress this anger and get a bleeding ulcer....

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 2:24 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• You should leave the kids with him and go to a spa!
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 2:29 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Wow! My dh is in sales, and I know when he finally gets off he is wore out. The least I can do is let him sleep in a little. If he is still sleeping when the kids get home, send em in and wake daddy up! Then talk to him, let him know, that sleeping until 1:30, isnt going to work, that you'd like to spend some time with him... Don't get angry, it will cause a fight, and there doesn't need to be a fight.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 2:29 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Oh i know how those days go... i swear when mine is home for a 4 day weekend by the end I wanna kill him.. he thinks he can change our routines like nothing was ever there.... then It takes me another 3-4 weeks to get back onn track JUST intim for another 4 day weekend... THANK GOD he goes out of town for a week to 3 weeks at a time during the "soda/beer" months....
    Dork4Fish

Answer by Dork4Fish at 2:29 PM on May. 18, 2011

• well you could take this time to reconnect or better yet tell him that you need a mommy mandatory break and let him be Mr. mom a day or two of his vacation also you could write him a honey do list to keep him out of your hair, or send him off on errands that would so help you out if he took care of!!! so he knows what your life is like on a daily basis!!! either way GOOD LUCK... PS. try not to hurt him too badly... lol

traren

Answer by traren at 2:30 PM on May. 18, 2011

• LOL, hibbing! Hubby retires in less then 2 years, and I'm a little worried about him being up my ass. He talks about is working together, but, IDK about that. He swears we could.
    I think you are jealous your hubby got to sleep in. Just don't let him do it for too many days. It will seriously muck him up. But, I also know him being off for any amount of time during the week with muck up your schedule, too. For as much as I LOVE it when my hubby is off, and I get to have him to myself, strangely enough, I don't get my 'me' time. I'm just used to being by myself I guess, since I always am.
    Just try to suppress your homicidal thoughts, LOL! You could do something fun, like shave his legs!
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 6:02 PM on May. 18, 2011

• my BIGGEST fear is since it's day #1 and he's asleep still now at nearly 2pm he'll be up til 2am.... and sleep til God knows when tomorrow. Official cycle of doom that ends with my foot in his @ss .....
    hibbingmom

Comment by hibbingmom (original poster) at 2:32 PM on May. 18, 2011

• GREAT answer NanyB.
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 3:41 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I would ask him how many days of his mandatory vacation are going to be vacation days for you? If he has 11 days off then he can give you 4 or 5 days off and still have his vacation, too. On your days off he can take care of the kids and the house and give you a much needed break. And you could also take a day or two together if you can get someone to watch the kids. Neither of those things seem like too much to ask and I bet you never really get a break.
    Or you could just need to vacuum the bedroom and change the sheets every morning at about 8:00 a.m. :)
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:24 PM on May. 18, 2011

• mandatory = going union and all PTO, sick, holiday, etc hours will be wiped clean soon. So the workers did bids on when to take their vacations so they didn't overlap too badly. If he didn't take it, he'd lose the hours. BUT....son is still in school so we cannot leave town or anything "vacationy"!
    hibbingmom

Comment by hibbingmom (original poster) at 2:08 AM on May. 19, 2011

• PS he slept til 3:20pm when the doorbell woke him. he then ate, left dishes on floor, and complained like crazy that his ribs hurt because he slept way too freaking long. Tomorrow will be different. I have some plans thanks to the advice I got on here :)
    hibbingmom

Comment by hibbingmom (original poster) at 2:09 AM on May. 19, 2011