Friend suddenly sounds Froggie?

Is there anything i.e. drugs,bulemia idk anything like this that could've caused my friend's voice to suddenly be raspy ALL the time. When i first noticed it i didn't ask i figured it was seasonal allergies or what not. She is going through a tough time with a divorce and has been struggling with her weight so i was hoping she didn't turn to anything too drastic. On monday she calls me complaining that her mom is accusing her of being bulemic as reason for her raspy voice. (I thought i was the only one disturbed by it) So she said her response to her mom was "Please if i was bulemic i would be in a single digit size right now!" She said it sort of jokingly but idk What do you all think? I just worry about her she's a good person and im REALLY trying not to judge just trying to get some ideas before i end up blurting out so why the hell IS your voice so raspy? lol

Genice6

Asked by Genice6 at 2:25 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Health

• My voice gets raspy when I have reflux, which could go along with the acid introduced into the area if your friend has bulimia. Or she may simply have acid reflux brought on by stress.

Answer by Bmat at 2:28 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Smoking? Lack of sleep? Yelling?
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 2:27 PM on May. 18, 2011

• If she is a smoker, that is a sign of throat cancer
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 4:57 PM on May. 18, 2011

• She is a smoker but thats not a new thing for her so i hope its not cancer
    Genice6

Comment by Genice6 (original poster) at 9:38 AM on May. 19, 2011