Are there legit work at home opportunities out there?

I am a single mom of 4, including a child with special needs, and looking for a legit work at home opportunity that doesn't cost a lot of money. Help please???

JustmeTiff222

Asked by JustmeTiff222 at 2:29 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Money & Work

• There are not very many WAHJ's out there. There are businesses, such as Mary Kay. They do charge a start up fee and a monthly fee though. That's because it costs money to run a business. Hope this helps.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 2:31 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Can you type well? My friend gets video and audio cd's from the court and transcribes them at home. It's a lot of work, you have to listen really well. But, you can stop the cd any time you need a break. She also gets them on email. Are you able to do any accounting? Transcribe medical records? You could pick up stuff from local merchants or Doctors and do the work at home.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 2:33 PM on May. 18, 2011

• There are. But you need to do some leg work to find them. There are a few options - First, there are home based JOBS. These are when companies hire people to work for them from home rather than in the office. They pay per hour or per job and are hard to find. Second, there are home based businesses. These are much easier to find but will ALWAYS require some kind of investment as you are buying in to a "franchise" style company. Then there are options such as Blogging, freelance writing, crafting, internet stores and affiliate programs where you need to be doing huge amounts of promotion as well as keeping up with your site or blog, but they are free to do. These options are free as well, but the income is small.

I've done them all, and currently have a home business, a number of affiliate positions, a website and a few blogs... I'd be happy to answer questions if you have them.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:34 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Absolutely. Please get in touch with me... I would love to tell you about Arbonne International. Check out the corporate site www.arbonne.com as well as my site www.marywozniak@verizon.net and we can chat. It has been a blessing for me.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 2:48 PM on May. 18, 2011

• There are PLENTY! But the real question is what is it YOU are looking for. The company I am with is actually on the NY Stock Exchange, recognized by the chamber of Commerce for being one of the BEST compensation plans out there and we're BBB A+ rated. The best part is, NO ONE can call us a scam and be correct! Being on the NYSE makes EVERYTHING we do public record!
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 2:58 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I haven't found anything yet. I have ran into a bunch of scanners and people who are just trying to make a sale. :( Hopefully you will find something soon. Maybe you can try avon or mary kay ect.
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 3:21 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I meant scammers ..
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 3:23 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I would love to share my WAH business w/ you!!!
    It doesn't cost a lot to start up, there are no parties, & no ordering, collecting $$, or delivering, & there's no carrying an inventory. The co. we partner w/ takes care of all those things! You can build yourself a nice residual income! (This is income that keeps coming in, even if you don't work at it any longer.)
    Let me know.
    suemayonline
    suemayonline

Answer by suemayonline at 3:40 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I'd love to know the answer to this question too!!!!!!!!
    traren

Answer by traren at 3:41 PM on May. 18, 2011

• And I should mention that this co. has NO DEBT, is not & has never been on the verge of bankruptcy (at least one I've seen mentioned is or was declaring bankruptcy a while back) & people can only use so much Tupperware, Avon, Mary Kay, Arbonne, Pampered Chef, etc. & then they don't buy any more or they only buy every once in a while, espec. when the econ. is like this!
    My co. has products that everyone uses over & over, not just makeup or specialty products that you don't need to purchase on a regular basis.
    suemayonline♥ ;-)
    suemayonline

Answer by suemayonline at 3:47 PM on May. 18, 2011