When do we get our foodstamps?

Dh and I have an appointment today. If we are approved, when can we begin using them? Does it vary by state? I live in Oregon. If you need more info to answer, ask.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Money & Work

• I haven't ever been on them, so I'm not really sure. I wouldn't think it would be long before you get them though.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 2:34 PM on May. 18, 2011

• your appt is today? you'll know soon enough! all we can do is guess..... as long as ALL your paperwork is in order and your worker isn't a total witch it should move quickly. if he/she suggests visiting a food bank in the meantime, expect delay.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:35 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I live in MN. I was approved and as soon as the letter came, lets say 4/15, Iwent to the county that day and loaded my card. They prorated it and gave me all of Aprils benifites.
    ann666

Answer by ann666 at 2:35 PM on May. 18, 2011

• So they approved you and your husband for food stamps, not to be nosy but did you tell them you were married? The reason I asked is because I want some.

rowej

Answer by rowej at 2:36 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Yes, they know. There is an online estimate too. Do you want me to give the link?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:38 PM on May. 18, 2011

• yes I would like that, thanks.
    rowej

Answer by rowej at 2:39 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I need your state because mine is for oregon
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:39 PM on May. 18, 2011