How do you respond?

when your ex, the bio-father of your 4 1/2 year old child who hasn't cared to see her since she was an infant and went on to have another baby he totally cares about, texts you and says "How long you do plan to keep taking money for nothing? You are so wrong. That is your kid, shes never been mine. not 1 day!"

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 2:37 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• I'd say Until she's 18 or 21 if she goes to college

Answer by admckenzie at 2:38 PM on May. 18, 2011

• "How long does your desire to become dead-beat dad of the century perservere?"
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 2:40 PM on May. 18, 2011

• has there been a DNA test? If he's doubting give him proof!

As far as how long I'd answer totally honestly...... til the week of her 18th birthday or whatever the current law is at the time. And it's not for nothing .... shoes, food, clothes, and vaccines cost plenty
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:39 PM on May. 18, 2011

• you make sure that child support is COURT ORDERED!! You say nothing back, but save it in case you need it later in court....

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 2:40 PM on May. 18, 2011

• What a shameless bastard I would tell him you did not get pregnant alone and he should man up or sign over his rights. Shame on him for not taking care of her. When she gets older I would be honest and tell her, about her father.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:40 PM on May. 18, 2011

• YOU DONT RESPOND.

Print the text and keep it... but dont respond.
    Anonymous

• Ignore the dumbass.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 2:38 PM on May. 18, 2011

• The biggest insult is ignoring. If you argue, then he's won.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 2:40 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Have him sign over his rights. i have the SAME situation, except mr. sperm doner who I was with for 4 yrs never paid a dime...But now that my state is suing him he signed the rightd over to my Hubby who has been in the process of adopting DD for over a year.
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 2:41 PM on May. 18, 2011

• BTW, my x said that too and my "baby" is 33. He still is paying on her since he got so far behind. Just be happy he's not in her life and making her miserable. My x lives across the street from my youngest dd and tells people she's not really his. That's just cruel but she just laughs at him.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:43 PM on May. 18, 2011