Husband a jerk? I probably already know.

I just found out I'm pregnant. I have a raging yeast infection so needless to say, I've been a little tempermental. My husband said something not so nice to me and my response is "It sure would be nice if there was one person in my life who cared about me." then I started crying and went into the bathroom and sobbed for about 10 minutes. I finally came out of the bathroom and he won't look at me and is ignoring me...except to ask if I want eggrolls and act like nothing happened. I've had such a bad day and I feel like I have nobody right now. I feel so emotional and like I really need him and feel like he's not there for me. What can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Relationships

• Tell him. Tell him you need to talk to him to get some things off you chest. Tell him you know you are a little tempermental but you just need someone you love and who loves you to listen to you no matter how emotional you may be.
    BusyB-Mommy

Answer by BusyB-Mommy at 9:17 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Men don't deal well with emotion, he probably has no clue how upset you are and as far he's concerned as long as you stopped crying you must be fine now. I'm really sensitive and it took years to train my hubby that "I'm fine" does NOT mean I'm fine. Just tell him what you typed here, give him a big hug and cry on his shoulder if you need to. Eventually he'll get better at it I promise.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 9:20 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• i've been married for nine years, lived together for ten and my hubby still isn't properly "trained" for the correct responce to that situation, tell him what you need, and i'm sure he'd be more than glad to give it to you.
    they just dont get that when a woman cries, she needs a hug or to be held
    when it comes to us they're dumb, they know nothing and they're stupid as hell
    (my hubby's words, not mine)
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 12:16 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Are you sure he was ignoring and not trying to keep the volcano from erupting again? **smile**

Say EXACTLY what you want. Expect you will have to state EXACTLY what you want for the rest of your life. I know my mom had to, and my parents were married 53 years.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:36 AM on Dec. 7, 2008