Do you think tongue rings are trashy and inappropriate? For who? Anyone or just mothers?

I'm a mom and have a tongue rings and 4 tattoos. Alot of people seem to think they are trashy and any parent should not have body piercings or body art. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• Tongue rings are more dependent on age. A certain age, and its just not cute or appealing. That age is going to vary with every person, and some people just can't pull it off. I have 3 tats, have never heard anyone say anything negative about them. Tats are becoming more and more common nowadays, I don't think most people think anything of them.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:19 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I think it's gross when I sit down to eat at a restaurant and the waitress comes over and when she talks she's flashing this hunk of metal in her mouth. That's when it's gross to me. In fact, I usually request a different waitress. Other than that, I don't pay much attention.
    There will always be someone who thinks something negative about you as a parent. Don't lose sleep over it.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 9:18 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• i dont care if someone has them. it definitely does NOT define what type of parent the person is.

i like piercings and tattoos....
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 9:19 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I have my tongue pierced twice and have 6 tats and over 9 other piercings but if u like it then dont worry about what others think care about what u think the only way i would get rid of mine is if my son asked me too
    Anonymous

• I think it's all about controlling your self and where you put them. I don't think it's trashy to a point. Parent or not. I don't think a tongue ring is trashy.However I do not like face percings

Anonymous

• Tats don't bother me because I have two. Tongue rings I just can't stop staring at them. I also see people play with them, that's what bother me more.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:20 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I don't care for them. We own kiosks at the mall, we do not hire anyone with visible piercings.
    Anonymous

• "I don't care for them. We own kiosks at the mall, we do not hire anyone with visible piercings. "

Well that's a big NO NO. Hope those people don't find out why they really weren't hired, cuz I bet I would smell a lawsuit
    Anonymous

• anonymous, majority of places will make you take out your piercings and cover your tattoos if you are working directly with people. its not a lawsuit.
    Anonymous

• Yes it is, but for that fact that option was NOT given.
    Anonymous