Yes.. another weight issue question. but i promise i'll be quick :P

i just started doing pilates and yoga. does that help to use pregnancy weight? especially the bulging love handles and loose belly? or should i skip all this hassle and move to some other exercise ?

cookie269

Asked by cookie269 at 3:08 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I agree!! Interval training is the best way to burn fat/calories! It doesn't really matter if you're doing it on the elliptical or jogging on a treadmill (although I have found it easier to do on a machine than outside running). Basically you alternate between going super fast and hard for a certain amount of time, and then slowing it down to about half that, then revving it back up and going hard again.
    Also, you should spend just as much time lifting weights as you do doing cardio!!! A pound of muscle burns 3x (that's what I've heard...) more calories than a pound of fat does. Plus, you will get the toning benefits which even if you're overweight, a toned, overweight arm always looks better than a flabby overweight arm (or even a skinny flabby arm, IMO).
    Molly4630

Answer by Molly4630 at 5:08 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Do whatever makes you happy and whatever works for you!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:12 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I workout a lot - recently I have incorporated both Pilates and Yoga into my routine. While I don't think those alone burn enough fat and calories to see results very fast, having those in my routine certainly have made me stronger in my core. Having a strong core is essential to weight loss and being fit. I think varying your workouts is what will help you. Look up HIIT (high intensity interval training) this can be done on any cardio machine and it can help you get fit fast.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 5:03 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Pilates and Yoga are very good for you, but they work slow on your body aerobics are the best for fast burning, and also weights are awesome.

Answer by older at 3:30 PM on May. 18, 2011

• i just joined the gym and they keep pounding cardio into me . They say it is the best way to melt the weight off. So that is what i am going to try and do. Good Luck to you. It is my tummy that i want trimmed up too.
    jaceyrayesmom

Answer by jaceyrayesmom at 4:45 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I wouldn't rely on those entirely to help. You need a balance of exercise. Get something more heart pumping in there, too, and make sure you're eating right to lose the fat. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:57 PM on May. 18, 2011