How do you feel when you hear child actors/resses cursing on TV?

I feel strange because I don't allow my kids to but its on TV so I guess I'm indifferent, idk. So how 'bout yaself? Do you see it as an innocent art of a kid portraying how other kids act to reflect reality or are you totally against kids cursing at all? Other thought?

SMITxsM2

Asked by SMITxsM2 at 3:13 PM on May. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• I don't like it...I don't think it's funny or cute..but I hate it when kids act too "grown" in general
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 3:14 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I don't like it. Not sure if I could let my child take on a role like that if they were actors. They would be skipping on to the next one. JMO.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 3:17 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I don't like it either.
    Anonymous

• what age kids? In shows or movies? I am lost.I dont allow them to watch things like that... BUT if it is one small part in a movie I let it slide.
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 4:07 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Under teenage and in anything really.
    SMITxsM2

Comment by SMITxsM2 (original poster) at 4:09 PM on May. 18, 2011

• It doesn't bother me, I honestly never give it a second thought - and no my kids don't curse, a few months back I answered a similar question and got people asking if I allow my kids to curse so to make that clear NO my children don't curse and if a curse word slips out they do get reprimanded.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 10:04 PM on May. 18, 2011

• They do it to be funny but it'd not funny.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 10:25 PM on May. 18, 2011

• It doesn't bother me. The children in movies and TV shows are actors/actresses and are used to such dialog. I've never been inclined to send my child to try out for roles or do modeling or pageants, so neither of them are part of showbiz, but the kids who are have been in the scene for a while. It's a different world. And, really, if you make sure that your children understand when are and are not the appropriate times to use words, it won't be taboo and they won't do it all the time. DD1 went through a recent phase of saying mean expletives to me, but she's over it now. She got in trouble every time she said something mean like that (time out and had to apologize).
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 5:23 PM on May. 19, 2011