How do i get my daughter to stop wetting the bed? she will be 4 next month!

how do i get my daughter to stop wetting the bed? she will be 4 next month! I dont let her have anything to drink after 7:30pm and she goes potty before she gets in bed. i dont understand it she knows when she has to go but she wont get up to go.

scaredeyes

Asked by scaredeyes at 3:13 PM on May. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• She's only 4.
    Anonymous

• Not to scare you but I have a daughter who will be 11 in Oct. She is still wetting the bed. The Dr. said she is just a heavy sleeper and will eventually outgrow it. I wouldn't push her.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 3:15 PM on May. 18, 2011

• you sound like that's shocking? it's not, it's actually normal. young children do not have the capability to hold in their urine until morning. what works for my 4 1/2 year old, is taking her to the bathroom around 11pm.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:21 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Give her time. Some kids just aren't ready. i won't tell you how old my son was, you will have a heart attack.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:24 PM on May. 18, 2011

• its just weird because some times she will get up at night to go potty but most of the time she doesnt and i dont have the money to buy pull ups :(
    scaredeyes

Comment by scaredeyes (original poster) at 3:45 PM on May. 18, 2011

• She is 4. Most children don't start going through the night without wetting the bed until they are 5 or 6. My son will soon be 5 and still wets the bed every night. It's not a big deal. Go through your budget and try to find the money for pull ups. It makes everything much easier. Make sure you don't get her in trouble or shame her-- it will only make the problem worse. She will eventually outgrow it.
    other_mother

Answer by other_mother at 5:53 PM on May. 18, 2011

• She's probably just not ready. My daughter wasn't consistently dry at night until a few weeks before her 5th birthday. It's bladder maturity. I used pull ups at night until she was ready to go without. Give it time.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:00 PM on May. 18, 2011

• If pull ups are too expensive, try the thick training pants. Maybe even cheapy pads? Personally, I didn't think pull ups were THAT expensive, as I was ONLY using them at night, so I'd buy a package about once a month.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:02 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Most children just have to outgrow that...
    wolf_angel_81

Answer by wolf_angel_81 at 7:59 PM on May. 18, 2011

• She is not quite 4. Give her a chance momma. It will happen when her body is ready.
    Anonymous