Super frustrated with potty training!!

My DD is almost 3. She KNOWS that she should poop in the potty, but she doesn't do it!! Earlier she said she had to poop and she said go in the potty? So I said alright! Let's go! And she tried but it didn't happen. Then like 10 minutes later I find her in the corner...pooping!! In her pull up of course but she always hides. Ugh! It's so annoying. I dont know how to get her to go!

Suggestions pleease?

Keeely07

Asked by Keeely07 at 3:18 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My son did the same. We finally broke him of it. I don't agree with punishment but we did a system where he lost a car when he went in his pants and then when he went he got one back. This only took a few times and he started on his own. Now he feels he needs no help.
    aus14

Answer by aus14 at 3:36 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I am the bad mom who resorted to briberymy kid pooped for monster trucks. He liked to sit on the potty with new books not found elsewhere in the house, and at the holiday time was especially fond of the Toys R Us catalog. It might not be toys that will be the cure for you but perhaps there is some other incentive you can use that would really make her want to push a little harder like wearing her princess costume to bed if she has no poop accidents or a family game night. Again I know this isn't the "right" handbook answer but it worked for me. As a mom wrote on here not too long ago, they control their own bowels and with them they try to control you. The best play is to make them think that they decided it was a good idea somehow because when they want it there are no accidents.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 4:20 PM on May. 18, 2011