So now that im pregnant this happens?

So i've been getting acne which never happen i mean never and now since im pregnant i have it what can i do to stop it

momtobe522

Asked by momtobe522 at 3:26 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Make sure you are using hypoallergenic products and not picking. You also need to avoid the chemical such as Benzoyl Peroxide and Salicylic Acid. I believe glycolic acid is okay.

Pregnancy acne will disappear when the baby is borm and your hormones normalize. Just get some good concealer and try as hard as you can to prevent scarring for now.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:29 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I had acne in the beginning of my pregnancy. I just kept my make up to a minimum and washed my face with an acne cleanser..mine cleared up in my 3rd trimester. Sorry.
    fricky29

Answer by fricky29 at 3:30 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Oh, Bare Essentuals, Bare Minerals is excellent for non-toxic and hypoallergenic concealment of ance and redness. Check it out, it will amaze you.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:30 PM on May. 18, 2011

• What i use and what ive always used is this.... Damp your face with warm water to open your pours then rub an exfoliating scrub on your face for about 3 minutes. Rinse and dry your face. Take a cotton ball, tissue, or a soft towel and pour a quarter sized spot of an liquid face cleanser that just dries immediately (sea breeze is what I use). Then once your face is dry, put a skin lotion on to close your pours and soften your face. I do it every time after I take a shower and works GREAT for me. Also it can all be purchased for $10 or less at walmart. Hope this works for you.
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 3:34 PM on May. 18, 2011

• ImaginationMama is right. Benzoyl Peroxide and Salicylic Acid aren't safe to use during pregnancy. Those are both ingredients in a lot of acne cleansers. So be sure to read the ingredients. I had perfect skin when I was pregnant with my son but it's been completely different being pregnant this time with my daughter. I use Yes to Carrots facial products. They help keep mine at bay. They're natural so they don't have any of the harsh ingredients found in most cleansers. Hope you find something that works for you. Good luck!
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 4:00 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Just wash your face and moisturize. I have bad acne and stopped using all chemical treatments when I got preggo. There are "safe" ones, but I like to use as little medication as possible and acne meds I could cut.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 12:56 AM on May. 19, 2011