Do you think it's fair that amusement parks such as Disney or sea world charge adult tickets at 11 year's old

I dont.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Entertainment

• Unfortunately they get to set the prices. The only way to change it is to NOT go.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:30 PM on May. 18, 2011

• No, it's crazy. I guess that's one reason I haven't been, can't afford it.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 3:30 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Are 11 year olds big enough to get on all of the rides? I can see reducing the fee at an amusement park if the child is not big enough to get on everything. Some places will sell based on height. I don't know much about Sea World. I guess these park owners look at it all as a body taking up space in their park, able to walk and use the facilities.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:31 PM on May. 18, 2011

• yes, kids of that age are more than likely enjoy all of the activities of the park. I don't think they are saying they are adults just that they can do all the things in the park. Younger kids may not be able to due to their size, weight, and just being younger they more than likely won't want to do all the things in the parks, like bigger rides etc.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 3:32 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I think if the "child" is old enough to get on all the rides then yes they should pay full price. Smaller kids who will not use all of the park pay less because of that.

Answer by gemgem at 3:35 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Honestly, I think the price they charge for adults is extortion.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 3:38 PM on May. 18, 2011

• It's their business, their park. They can charge what ever they want. You don't have to like it or agree with it. You have the choice not to go. They aren't forcing you to give them money, so I don't see how it's wrong. Times are tough, prices of everything have gone up.

It's disneyland, not the price of breathable air. LOL
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:47 PM on May. 18, 2011

• yes. By 11 most children are tall enough to enjoy the whole park therefore full price makes since.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:51 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Is it 'fair' for a movie theater to charge a child's ticket price? After all a seat is a seat. Same movie. At least a Disney World they acknowledge that the smaller children do not get the same value out of the park and charge less. That makes more sense than a movie house charging less for a ticket.
    Anonymous

• I think Disney is a big overhyped racket. They charge those prices because people will pay them.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 3:55 PM on May. 18, 2011