How can a bad diaper rash be treated???

My baby has a bad rash with a sore in it, I've tried two types of desitin, butt paste, let her but air dry, changed the type of wipes, stopped using wipes and using washcloths instead but the rash instead of improving it's getting worst now, I made an app. with the ped. but there isn't anything available right now, i'm desperate, first time mom, feel that i've failed to my girl and her being sore it's all my fault.

stella_82

Asked by stella_82 at 3:30 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Your doctor will know of a cream to prescribed, cause it looks like you tried everything else, just change diapers more often.

Answer by older at 3:32 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Call your doctor they will prescribe you something
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 3:38 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Can you leave her without a diaper for a little while? I used to do this when my kids diapers rash got real bad. Also, do you think it's the brand of diaper? My kids would get terrible rashes w/Pampers and never with any other brand. As far as diaper rash cream, I always used Balmex; nothing else compared.
    Anonymous

• someone gave me a pack of cheap diapers the Kroger brand, I only used like five out of the 40 package and she got the first rash, i'm trashing the leftovers now.
    stella_82

Comment by stella_82 (original poster) at 3:44 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I found this link for you when I was looking for the home-remedy my sis-in-law used.

http://www.myhomeremedies.com/topic.cgi?topicid=68

Something about a bath with tea bags... Sounds crazy but it worked for her and it's the 1st or 2nd post on this link. Don't feel guilty Momma! It's going to be ok and the Doc will prescribe something that will clear it up before you know!

praying4baby985

Answer by praying4baby985 at 3:49 PM on May. 18, 2011

• sometimes an aveeno oatmeal bath soak will help soothe it a little
    happymom8262

Answer by happymom8262 at 4:28 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Can you try a different brand of diapers? We had better luck with one brand than another.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 7:22 PM on May. 18, 2011

• have you try triple paste cream? It works the best out of all other diaper rash creams/paste. Or try Aquaphor?
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 9:54 PM on May. 18, 2011

• sounds like it might be a yeast infection, cause they look like a really severe diaper rash, that won't go away no matter what you do.....I know when my boys have had yeast infections, the peds have told me to use lotrimin ultra and it always cleared it up right away...but on a little girl, it might be different....maybe something like monistat would be better on them....I'm not positive though! I would def go to the doc and let them look at it, especially since it's getting worse, despite all the things you've tried to clear it up. Good luck! Hope she gets better!
    summermail88

Answer by summermail88 at 12:12 AM on May. 19, 2011