So sick of my husband !!!!

In the last 7 years my husband and I have had a great relationship... we have hardly ever fought and when we did have an argument we would make up soon after.

However, lately he is driving me crazy and I actually think he is being down right mean !

I have always been a stay at home mom and he has always worked ( the plan was for me to be with the kids until our youngest goes to school and then I will start working ) ...

I stay home everyday, I do all of the cleaning, cooking, and taking care of the kids.. I am not complaining because I have always felt lucky to be a SAHM .

My husband has a job he loves, he gets to do easy office work that he likes to do, he gets several breaks during the day, and he and his whole office even goes out to nice restraunts a few times a week for long lunches...

A couple years ago I found out I have a hormone problem, and therefore I have gained alot of weight ( among other symptoms) ... It started out with my husband making a fat joke every once in awhile... It didnt really bug me because I know I am still pretty ( and better looking than him lol) .... But then it got embarrasing because he started doing it in front of other people ...

I finally went to the Drs and got put on some meds that have helped alot ( I have already lost a good bit of weight and some of my other problems have gone away too ) .... the problem is... It sometimes makes me really sick ( to where I puke ) and sooo tired ( sometimes it hurts to get up) ...

He gets home at 5, we eat supper, I give the kids their baths and then I ask him to play with them so i can sit or lay for a little bit ( our youngest goes to bed at 7 so it sint like he has to "watch" him for long -- our oldest is olde enough she pretty much does what she wants by herself without needing constant supervision) ... BUT that is too much of a problem for him... he cant watch his child for that 30-45 mintues, his excuse is that he just worked all day ...

I never knew that since he worked that meant he cant take care of his kids...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• Talk to him.
    Anonymous

• You could always puke on him...

Or let him know he's a WIMP. Real Men can manage watching their kids for less than an hour even if they've been lifting boulders by hand!

Answer by gdiamante at 3:32 PM on May. 18, 2011

• No it does not he should help you the plain and simple.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:33 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Hugs. There are many of us in your shoes.

I just remind myself that my kids will not be young forever, and I am blessed to be able to stay home with them right now. My husband and his job allow that to happen, so if he is tired or cranky, I will pick up the slack because being at home with the kids is that important to me.
    Anonymous

• I think you really need to talk to him. He might not understand how you are feeling and he may need to get this out as well. Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 3:36 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Saying that to you in front of other people is down right nasty, it'd make me want to do it right back lol but no, that's not the right answer. Is he just sitting watching t.v. while you ask him to watch your LO? If so, yes he should be able to give you a few minutes, honestly I'd lock myself in the bathroom for 1/2 hr with a magazine, or take a few extra minutes in the shower :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 3:37 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Well when starting the medicine my DR even explained to BOTH of us that some days I will NEED help, because sometimes it can make me really weak too ...

My husband thinks me and the kids should go stay with my mom on "those days"

I have tried to talk to him.... I just never knew how selfish he was before.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:38 PM on May. 18, 2011

• He should want to spend time with his kids. It seems as though you feel it is because of your weight? If you have always had a good relationship then I would just sit down and let him know how you are feeling, it could be something else all together. Maybe work isn't as great as you think it is. But I would just talk it out.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 3:38 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Ya'll really need a good sit down talk.....he may be frustrated about something you don't even know about....get it all out in the open....good luck mama!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 3:39 PM on May. 18, 2011

• yesmaam -- YES , he is only watching tv or on the computer... when he coems home and after he eats supper that is what he does until he goes to bed....

and I have tried locking myself in the bathroom... he will wait about 5 mintues and unlock it with the key from the outside or he will let my son knock and cry outside the door ( and I cant stay in there when he is crying for me like that )
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:40 PM on May. 18, 2011