Do people really still use chat rooms?

I thought they were more for dating purposes. I had no clue cm had chat rooms until someone mentioned it a while ago. I thought they were basically cuber pick ups for cyber sex.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Technology

• All of the groups on CM have a chat room option. Any member of the group can open the chat room and some groups have designated chat times.

I used to visit a disability chat room on yahoo years ago when my son was first diagnosed, but yahoo chat has long since gone to the dogs, so I haven't visited there in a loooong time. I've popped in once or twice to some of the other chats here on CM, but have found that most of them are not for me anymore.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 4:37 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I dunno. the only chat room I have ever been in since AOL is the 24/7 one here on cafemom. It is actually a lot of fun!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:45 PM on May. 18, 2011

• lol I didn't know CM had chat rooms lol thanks! where do I find them
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 3:45 PM on May. 18, 2011

• there is a group called 24/7 chat and it is in fact open 24/7 lol. It's fun late at night!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:46 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Not in a long time...everything is either dirty or deserted that I see anymore
    xxbyamomentx

Answer by xxbyamomentx at 5:09 PM on May. 19, 2011

• I don't, they bore me.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:56 PM on May. 19, 2011