Im pissed of...... why do employers get mad when you resign and move on to a better job position.

i tutored for this tutoring company for this school year. i was tutoring as a part time job while finishing my last semester of college. i graduated earlier this month with my bachelors. and i was recently offered a job position as a Recruitment Coordinator at a junior college.

informed the lady that owns the company. everything was fine. until today she calls blaming me for the students supposedly stopping up the toilets and I was working days that apparently to her I wasnt suppose. and supposedly she is going to fine for the toilet issues....

weird thing is before everything was fine.

i did alot for her.... tutored kids when she did not have anyone else. she would pay me late. and then most days at the tutoring center i would be alone with more than 10 students trying to help them with homework assistance.

ALL I CAN THINK THE NERVE OF HER!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Money & Work

• I'd tell her that your job description as a tutor was not to babysit the kids but help the with their homework. It is not YOUR financially responsibility to make sure that the toilets don't get stopped up. If she wanted you to also function as a janitor she should have been paying more in the first place. Personally, I wouldn't let her "fine" me for the toilets and if she tries to I'd threaten to take her to small claims (depending on the amount).
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa at 3:49 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Don't even respond. She can't do anything, and it'll just turn into an argument.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:51 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Sounds like a whack job (meaning the employer ...)
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:25 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I'm sure there is a labor department you can report her to if she has the nerve to charge you for her plumbing problem. Ingore it if at all possible. Normal employers don't do that. This woman is bitter that you are moving up in the world and she is stuck where she is forever.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 9:11 AM on May. 19, 2011