Singulair

Does anyone's kid(s) take this?

My 7 year ols DS has had breathing problems since he was born. He was diagnosed with chronic bronchitis and asthma. Or doctor thinks Singulair would help him not have as many attacks.

KamiB79

Asked by KamiB79 at 3:45 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Kids' Health

• My DS who's six takes it everyday, he also has asthma. He takes an inhaler everyday in the morning and at night, and the abuterol inhaler when he is sick or can't stop coughing. All this starting with the croup he started getting every summer at about 3 yo, but I think he's finally growing out of it woohooo!! But my DS has what doctors call sports asthma, so its just when he gets running around like crazy
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 3:48 PM on May. 18, 2011

• My son took it for a constant cough. It definitely helped. Luckily the cough didn't come back this year.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:50 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I just posted a question about Singulair earlier today... LOL! I take it. I've felt so much better, except for a little itching. I can breath and my allergies are in check! It has actually helped decrease the amount of times I use a rescue inhaler.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:03 PM on May. 18, 2011

• My son started taking it when he was 18 months old. He had chronic bronchitis and allergies, but not asthma. He finally seemingly outgrown his issues (he's almost 6). He never had any issues with taking it.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 4:38 PM on May. 18, 2011

• my kids don't but i do... and it helps a ton!
    asil

Answer by asil at 6:35 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I would check with his pediatrician before making any decisions.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 11:00 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Check with his Ped. My mom takes it & it helps!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:12 AM on May. 19, 2011

• DD is 3 and takes it, she is doing so much better! She too has asthma and is also on Flovent inhaler.

DS used to take it when he was 3 but he got the negative side effects which we found out later that his chances of having those were higher given his mental status. He is on symbicort and Claritian and is doing great!
    babyblue21

Answer by babyblue21 at 11:25 AM on May. 19, 2011

• My son takes it but we havent noticed a big improvement. Our pulminologist said it only helps in about 20% of people. Also i would reccomend pulmicort daily if he does not take it already. It helps prevent attacks.
    momkaribg

Answer by momkaribg at 12:32 PM on May. 19, 2011

• My ex MIL takes it and loves it. I just use inhalors sorry.
    chiquis

Answer by chiquis at 6:49 PM on May. 19, 2011