Spotting at 5 1/2 weeks...

I had implantation spotting at 4 weeks for about 2-3 days - VERY light and brown in color. today I just noticed more brown discharge.... is this normal a week after implantation? No cramps or anything but now I'm nervous.....thoguhts?

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 3:46 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• call your ob
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:49 PM on May. 18, 2011

• call your doctor immediately
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 4:19 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Have you two had this before? I have been reading about women who have this light brown spotting on and off through their first trimester, I was just starting to feel better and then I come here to see these responses! Yikes. It was just a little brownish discharge...this is so abnormal?
    stepmom929

Comment by stepmom929 (original poster) at 4:26 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I had that and the outcome was not good. But everyone is different. Just could be something left over from implantation.
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 4:37 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Tell ob about it. Some people get subchorionic hemtomas and they can bleed a little for the whole pregnancy. It's caused by the implantation and usually aren't a big deal. I had a small one and it went away on it's own.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 12:54 AM on May. 19, 2011