What do u do with ur children when ur sick?

I've been really sick since yesterday but todays been absolutely terrible. I spent half the day throwing up and dealing with a pounding migraine and my poor DS (9 months old) has been patiently playing and napping in his room... I feel like a terrible mom for making him spend so much time in there, I go in to change his diaper and let him play in the living room after eating until I feel sick and have to put him in the room while I hug the porcelain throne. I'm afraid if I let him play in the living room where I'm at, hell catch whatever it is I have and my DH works both jobs today and tomorrow and refuses to try calling out to help me with our DS. Does anyone have any suggestions? I hate that my DS has been in his room so much today. He hasn't been fussing or anything just playing in his crib. I'm not working tomorrow maybe I can make up for the alone time...

kpincince

Asked by kpincince at 3:49 PM on May. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• Ah that's fine, clearly he's having fun in there :) You gotta do what you gotta do momma, hope you get better soon!
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 3:51 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I usually gate of a child-proofed bedroom, and make myself a bed on the floor. My kids play and cuddle with me, and I watch them while I am laying down.

It gets me though. They are content that I am in there and they have their toys.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:52 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I just let them stay in the living room with me while I stay on the couch. They are either going to get what I have or not I have to interact with them so I give up at isolating them from my germs.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:53 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I'm torn between keeping my distance to prevent him from getting sick and wanting to spend all day with him.... I miss him when he's in his room, I'm such a sap.
    kpincince

Comment by kpincince (original poster) at 3:57 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I fit is just a stomach bug, you are fine as long as you wash your hands and keep your saliva and vomit away from the babe.

I hope you feel so much better soon!
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:02 PM on May. 18, 2011

• honestly if I am that sick DH will call his unit and have hs caommander give him a day or two of leave. Since he s active ary, he loses no pay! Sorry! Hope you feel better
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 4:05 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I asked my DH to call out of work n he just laughed at me
    kpincince

Comment by kpincince (original poster) at 5:05 PM on May. 18, 2011

• When I am home sick, my au pair is there with my son. So I keep my distance most of the time, but know he is taken care of just as if I was at work.

LoveMyAuPair

Answer by LoveMyAuPair at 5:26 PM on May. 18, 2011

• If he is playing and content in his room let him have it....trust me, you will miss those days when he played by himself!
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 8:10 PM on May. 18, 2011