Do you think this is crazy? Quitting my job?

I am thinking of quitting my job due to my mother having some health issues and I want to be there to help her. Financially it will be a strain but I really feel like I want to do this. She is older and won't be around forever and I want to do what I can to make life alittle easier for her now. It isn't like she is on her dying bed but I don't want it to get to that point, I want to be there when to help and yet still be able to enjoy our time together.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• Nope I think it's an awesome thing to do as long as you and your family can do it without :) The way I see it, my mom raised me for 18 yrs and still is in some ways lol I think she deserves it. Bless you and your mom
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 3:53 PM on May. 18, 2011

• If you can make it financially, go for it. I lost my mom 2 years ago to cancer, I miss her terribly. Be there for her and just enjoy your time with her.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 3:54 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Take a break from work. Spend as much time with her as you can. I didnt get the chance to do that with my grandpa and now I wish I would have. =/. Prayers to you, your family, and your mother.
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 3:55 PM on May. 18, 2011

• If I could've had that opportunity, I would've given anything for it..........I lost both my mom and dad within 3 years of each other.....spend the time with your mom hon.......trust me..........
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 3:55 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I think that you are doing the right theing. Everyone has to make sacrifices for the people they love. And you can always work part time or wrk frm home. Your mom needs you. She has giving so much to you and you should do the same.

I had to quit my job, not from health issues or anything like that, but because my children were taking to good with the fact that I was wrking. So i quit my job to be a styhmMommy. It has proven to be difficult but we are getting through it and so will you.

You just have to go with your heart and do what you know is right.
    styhmMommy

Answer by styhmMommy at 3:56 PM on May. 18, 2011

• apply for FMLA first, so you can come back to the job if you change your mind.

http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/benefits-leave/fmla.htm

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 3:57 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I think it is great that you want to help your mother!! I think as long as you and your husband discuss it, see how the finances will be, and he agrees with it, then do it!! Besides you could always look for a part-time job with flexible hours or find a work-from-home job if money will be tight.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:20 PM on May. 18, 2011

• well, money would be tight. But my mom is 75 and I don't want to look back some day when she is gone and say "I wish I would have spent more time with her" I think we sometimes get caught up in life and forget what is really important until it is too late. Like I said she isn't on her death bed but this situation is making me realize her age and that she won't be here forever.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:26 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I think that is wonderful. take care of your mom. you will be bless
    5heartbeats

Answer by 5heartbeats at 7:38 PM on May. 18, 2011

• see if you have medical leave of absence so that maybe your job can still be secured.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 3:14 PM on May. 19, 2011