Do your children's grandparetns chose one child over the other?

I have two childre- 2& 3. On my side of the family there are 15 grandkids total from my mother. Not all of the grandkids get equal attention and affection from my parents, but that doesn't really bother me since 6 of those grandkids live with my parents and my parents have even adopted one of the 6.

What bothers me is that on my DF's side of the family, my children are the only grandkids and they are not treated equal. My oldest is favored over my youngest. I don't see it as being fair. Maybe I amm just over reacting like my DF says but it's hurtful for me to see that my oldest gets more attention then my youngest. For example, today int he morning I got a phone call frm the in-laws they asked to pick up my oldest so that they can take my oldest for the day but they didn't ask for my youngest.

styhmMommy

Asked by styhmMommy at 3:52 PM on May. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• My husband's dad and his girlfriend like her grandkids better. Whenever they see us(which isnt often, 2 times a year) They point out things he cant do and say right but this other grandson can. Thats all they do...they never have anything good to say about our son....who is only 4 and this other kid is like 6 months older.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 4:01 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Between my siblings and I my parents have 12 grandchildren; my mother favors my brothers oldest son. It's blantantly obvious my oldest son noticed it from a very early age, asking why his grandma never spends time with him or ignored him.
    I just keep my kids away from her so they don't have to deal with it.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 4:26 PM on May. 18, 2011

• nope only a grandma and she is equal
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 6:14 PM on May. 18, 2011

• My parents don't really do it. But, my dad's parents always favored his brother's kids over us. And my mom's parents always favored the other kids over us. I think that it's because my parents have always taken care of us and we always had what we needed, whereas my parents' siblings were not very good parents. Now, my grandparents tend to favor their other great grandchildren over mine. Again, DH and I actually take care of our own kids (plus, we live out of state) and my cousins don't really take care of their own kids.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 11:27 PM on May. 18, 2011