If you/someone you know got pregnant on the Depo shot...

Did you/they always get the shot on time?
Was it during the first week or two when you/they were suppose to use back up?

I don't know anyone that ever has but I know a ton of women that suspected they were pregnant when their periods stopped.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I only took one round of it and didn't get pregnant during that round, but I know women who got pregnant on it. I wasn't with them when they went to get their shots each time to know for sure they got them on time, but they say they did. I have one friend that must have had mega super awesome eggs because she conceived all three of her children while on some form of birth control. After the third child, she did IUD, Depo, condoms and spermicide.
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 4:25 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I asked the same ques a mth or 2 ago, because i never was told it takes your period away. People replied that they did get preg while on the shot. You only have a week or so time frame to get the shot each time. After that they require 2 negative preg. tests before they will give you the shot again.
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 4:18 PM on May. 18, 2011

• My friend did...but she waitied to long and your supposed to wait 2 wks. before having unprotected sex after you get it the first time or if you wait to long to get it again...all the hormones can actually make you ovulate...so generally that's what happens...they wait to long then go get it and dont use protection for the 2 wks.
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 4:53 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Yes, she got it on time every time, she'd been on it for about a year and a half and was at about month 2 of the 3 months when she conceived.
    Anonymous