Are you a part of a playgroup?

How is it?

Proverbs_31

Asked by Proverbs_31 at 4:12 PM on May. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yep, we meet every Thursday. There's a lot of people who come to ours, too. Actually, the lady who first invited me, I met her on here. I've been going since my son was about one, so close to 3 years now.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 11:16 PM on May. 18, 2011

• We've been in one for over a year. I love it. The group is pretty big (12 families) which is a little crazy at times, but since everyone can't/doesn't come to each thing it's usually managable. We take turns hosting a playgroups at our houses and sometimes meet up at the park or museum on other days. The dynamics is pretty darn good. The kids are becoming friends (all roughly the same age) and the moms help each other out in a lot of ways (everything from shoulder to cry on to someone to get a recomendation on a good plumber from). Honestly, I would be a lot more lonely without them. I'm really lucky to have found them.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 8:43 PM on May. 18, 2011