Because i'm female does that mean i'm expected to clean at work?

I work in an office and am the only female employee at this branch. When we moved into this building in 2007, the first branch manager decided that everyone would do their part to keep the building clean... dusting ,vacuuming, cleaning the bathrooms, cleaning the breakroom, so they never had janitorial service set up. The guys out in the warehouse do a good job taking care of their bathrooms etc... but there is a bathroom in the office that me and two men use. Neither of them has ever cleaned the bathroom.
How should I tell them just because i got it goin on upstairs, i shouldn't have to take care of their downstairs messes....?

nybor48

Asked by nybor48 at 4:14 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Money & Work

• What a gyp! They're probably waiting for you to clean it. I think you need to call a meeting with the two other people and post a cleaning schedule inside the door.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 4:19 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Like most men do with their wives, they assume it's your. I would tell them how you feel.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 4:21 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Not unless it is part of your job description ~ but then again, any job for some is a welcome job.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:24 PM on May. 18, 2011

• i agree with the first poster. get your bosses permission and post a schedule outside (or inside) the bathroom with each person alternating weeks.
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 9:43 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Just let it...and if you want a sparkling bathroom and you are the only female suck it up. Check this shit out...I had a job where if so much as picked up windex to clean my display cases my boss would have grabbed it and said "Where I'm from men do this for women." so oooo I said "f*ck dis!" and I resigned.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:35 AM on May. 19, 2011