I want to do this to my hair... but it's intense. Opinions?

I have never dyed it at all before, but I saw this and instantly wanted to do it. I'm usually pretty unassuming, though. Honest opinions... what would you think of a mom sporting this color job?

Ati_13

Asked by Ati_13 at 4:19 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Thats amazing!!! But I would HATE the upkeep! Go for it! :)
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 4:20 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Unless you're really blonde you'll have to bleach your hair first then add color. And the upkeep would be hard. But that braid looks so freaking cool.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 4:21 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Wow, that is quite dramatic, and I must admit does look pretty. I would never be able to do that.... but if I saw a mom who did I would probably tell her that her hair colors are pretty.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:21 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I would expect something like this from a child or teenager, not an adult. JMO.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 4:20 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Uhhhh.... Unless your in a circus I wouldnt do it
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 4:20 PM on May. 18, 2011

• LOL!!! I would think she is probably a SUPER fun person and try to make her my friend lol it's not for me...I love color but there are too many going on at the same time for me but I DO like it though
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 4:20 PM on May. 18, 2011

• it looks cool but i wouldnt have the balls to do it! if its your style then go for it!
    happymom8262

Answer by happymom8262 at 4:21 PM on May. 18, 2011

• i've been thinking about dying my hair kinda crazy stuff too. i'm a SAHM..so there's no worries about loosing my job lol. i'd say go for it. you could always get some manic panic and wear it temporarily to find out if you like it or not?
    SarahM.1983

Answer by SarahM.1983 at 4:22 PM on May. 18, 2011

• it would cost you so much money to get your natural color back. You think you can just put one box of a single color on that and it would turn out normal?!!? NO! Trust me. Don't do it. Even the most talented colorists would want to slap you! First it has to be bleached out, and then they put direct pigment on it. where the color doesn't fade off, would be a bitch to put brown over, and where the blonde is from where the color did fade, would most likely turn mucky. It would be a mess. Be an individual by all means, but this is not something you do for a minute and say oh, i wanna change it. Expect long hours in the salon, an intense take home ritual to keep your hair from breaking off, and a shit ton of money!
    cailynsmommy626

Answer by cailynsmommy626 at 5:11 PM on May. 18, 2011

• are you Bozo the clown?lol
    WAYYYYY too much color!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:20 PM on May. 18, 2011