In your relationship, is it ok to say if a guy is hot or for your SO to say a girl is hot?

It's not in mine. I think it just opens up a can of worms! My dh can think it all he wants but I don't want to hear it! Likewise, he doesn't need to know who I am attracted to, I call this respect, and it works for us. Whatever worksfor you is fine too, just curious. And if your dh talks about hot women, do you get jealous? Does he?

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 4:21 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes, after 25 years of marriage, we are not so insecure that we can't tell the other who we find attractive.
    Anonymous

• I think before my body / weight became an issue, I was completely fine with him doing that- now It makes me feel like a cow.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:22 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Not okay in our relationship. We don't even talk about exes.

You run the risk of jealousy and hurt feelings . .. .
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:23 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I agree with you somewhat, sometimes the conversation will be about someone we know and what we think of them, but if it is just to tell me how hot someone else is, now that is disrespectful.

Answer by older at 4:23 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Yeah...as long as neither one of us goes into too much detail lol...he knows who I think is hot and vice versa...it's usually just fun convo...I'll see some girl who I think is pretty and I'll ask him if he thinks she's pretty too...he'll say yes or no...if it's no I'll ask him whats not pretty about her.....lol...Hmmm we're weird LOL
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 4:23 PM on May. 18, 2011

• We both appreciate when we see something we like. We voice it.......no big deal.......not like we are gonna go after it, it's just verbally acknowledging someone else's "attributes", it' not like we talk about for hours and hours........lol
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 4:24 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Yes, it is. If he were to ever openly drool or something, then we'd have a mild issue, maybe.
    I don't mind him finding other women attractive. I don't think he's dead because he's married.

anxiousschk

Answer by anxiousschk at 4:25 PM on May. 18, 2011

• We talk about good looking people too I guess, we just don't basically say we are sexually attracted to them. Maybe we are weird but whatever!
    JackieGirl007

Comment by JackieGirl007 (original poster) at 4:26 PM on May. 18, 2011

• my DP & i comment on women all the time. we point them out for each other. some days i don't wanna hear it & i just let her know that i'm not in the mood lol. but most of the time it's not a big deal.
    SarahM.1983

Answer by SarahM.1983 at 4:26 PM on May. 18, 2011

• yes, in our relationship it is okay to express yourself.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:27 PM on May. 18, 2011