Bare minimum of supplies for cloth diapering

Assuming that you are using pre-folds,covers,maybe snappies because pins make me nervous, about how much of each thing do you NEED?
Also if you know of the resizable covers or any covers which one works well fro babies with skinny legs?

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 4:23 PM on May. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• Are you absolutely positive that you want to use prefolds and covers???
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 4:24 PM on May. 18, 2011

• In case you're open to other types, Kawaii are my absolute favorite everyday diapers... http://www.theluvyourbaby.com/

ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 4:25 PM on May. 18, 2011

• This is a good question! I wanted to do cloth diapers but I never could figure out how to fold the ones my grandmother gave me for a shower gift when DD1 was a baby. They always leaked or fell off when she got active. For DD2, I wanted the ones that look like disposables because it's an all-in-one and I read that you don't have to get any extra liners unless you want added protection and then it was recommended to put the regular cloth diapers inside as liners. DD2 is just 7mos and I'm still liking the idea but didn't know how much money I'd have to spend to get the equivalent of a month's supply of disposables.
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 4:39 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Depends on how often you want to do laundry, really.

24 tri-folds will work if you don't mind doing laundry every two days. (Or every day if you need to double up the tri-fold).

Consider two covers a day, so you'd need minimum four covers: two to wash and two to wear.

GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 7:03 PM on May. 18, 2011