Any parents deal with a child having a mild crossed eye?

any parents have a kid with this? What did the doc do (surgery) and how is it now?

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 4:23 PM on May. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• When my granddaughter was a few months old, they said one of her eyes turned in. They wanted her to have surgery to correct it. My daughter took her to St. Louis for a second opinion. That Dr. told her that it was not affecting my granddaughter's vision and that it would eventually correct itself. She is now 6 and it's totally fine. Glad we waited. So, go see the Dr., but make sure you get a second opinion before you choose surgery.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:26 PM on May. 18, 2011

• My neice had this and she got glasses and its better now :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 4:27 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Does she have an official diagnosis of a convergence insufficiency or divergence insufficiency? Sometimes, those conditions can be corrected with vision therapy.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 4:29 PM on May. 18, 2011

• My son has one eye that turns out, I took him to an eye doctor and they gave him glasses to wear only when he reads. It's only been a little over a year and his eye is now, where it should be!

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 4:35 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I have dealt with it for 2 years, they shouldnt just jump right to surgery. I have one kid patching with his glasses 6 hrs a day. and my daughter just wears her glasses both of them have about 70 % improvement in just a lil over a year! Good luck!
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 4:51 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Doc said he does not think he will need that (praying to God he doesnt...I doubt it but still gotta pray) I think he will try some muscle excersies and go from there. I only see it when he is looking at the tv...another nurse at that office gave a glowing review of him so that makes me feel good. I must admit when he told me that he does have signs of his eye crossing I felt so terrible. Like "oh my baby isn't perfect" :'( what did I do wrong (I know nothing but that is how I felt.).
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 6:03 PM on May. 18, 2011