Head circumference

My daughter is in the 95th percentile. When the doctor looked at her she was like no reason to worry now, but it's definitely we want to keep an eye on. It freaked me out. So I looked it up online, and it mentioned something about fluid in the head. Granted my daughter has been in 90th percentile since birth, would you guys worry at all? I can't help but think about this nonstop today.

cailynsmommy626

Asked by cailynsmommy626 at 4:33 PM on May. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• My oldest was in the 97th percentile for head circumference. From what I understand as long as the curve stays consistant and doesn't all of the sudden spike up, it's fine. The doctors had us worried too so I understand how you feel.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 4:36 PM on May. 18, 2011

• No i would not worry about it yet. just make sure if anything in the way she acts, looks at stuff, uses her arms, legs, fingers, toes etc... that you revisit the doctor.
    nybor48

Answer by nybor48 at 4:37 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Don't worry about it, they said the same thing for my middles DS and they even did a cat scan on him and everything was normal. His head is proportional to his body. He has always been a little chunky, he is almost 5 and his head is not big compare to other kids his age.

booger14

Answer by booger14 at 4:40 PM on May. 18, 2011