How do i get my son to poop in the potty?

he is 4yrs. old. he will hide when he is pooping in his pullup.

boscpam63

Asked by boscpam63 at 4:36 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Well, I had the same problem but we finally successfully potty trained him. I went to the dollar tree and got a bunch of junk LOL. Little toys, stickers just fun little things, and everytime he went to the potty he got something. It worked. After awhile I started a chart because that can get pricey when they want a prize everytime they go. So every so many times he got to pick something. It worked for us!
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 4:39 PM on May. 18, 2011

• So here is what worked for us. Once a day, you pick the time, we put DS on the potty, with a book, and leave him alone for a while. we have a routine after breakfast and he will sit for a while because he's interested in his book and the rest follows!! Good luck!!

praying4baby985

Answer by praying4baby985 at 4:40 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I let my kids be naked and only underwear.
    booger14

Answer by booger14 at 4:41 PM on May. 18, 2011

• With my son, like the first person said, i didnt use gifts but used a candy that he never got.. it was around valentines day so we had a bunch of those little valentines with filled sponge bob candy or something like that. Well each time he'd poopy he'd get "poopy candy" lol He is 6 and still calls them that..lol I told him never say it in public..lol But it worked like a charm, he only got THOSE KIND if he went poopy, so they had to be extra yummy.
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 4:47 PM on May. 18, 2011

• thanks for all the advice. i will try it. hope it works.
    boscpam63

Comment by boscpam63 (original poster) at 10:20 AM on May. 19, 2011