Anyone with an austic child around 13 that is having VERY bad outbursts?

Lisa362

Asked by Lisa362 at 4:45 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Mine is 17 now but he had pretty bad ones between Id say 9-14 yrs old. We did behavior therapy and family therapy and it helped so much I cant even explain.

Answer by gemgem at 4:46 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Is your child in therapy? Sounds like the PP knows her stuff.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:45 PM on May. 18, 2011

• No... have you asked in one of the support groups on here?
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 6:43 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Yep!!!! My son (at that age- he is now almost 15) would have horrible meltdowns, very moody.... what really helped him was seeing a therapist - for behavioral issues, and anger issues, and he was also placed on meds. Since then he has made great progress, he is learning to control his anger, and the meltdowns have not been as frequent or as bad. So that might be something to consider for your child--- if you have not already tried it.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:21 AM on May. 19, 2011

• autism paired with raging hormones ehm yeah not pretty. I would probably try to increase therapy time and have him put on meds to mellow him out for the time being, it should get better once he is out of full on puberty which messes with the most neuro typical boys. Imagine how hard puberty was then imagine going through all those changes when you don't do change well and can't express yourself...
    gonefishin

Answer by gonefishin at 2:06 PM on May. 19, 2011

• No, but here is a bump.
    JHanc968

Answer by JHanc968 at 4:22 PM on May. 19, 2011

• Yes my son has aspergers and is 13! It isn't fun is it! Just keep at it, most of it is hormones like any other child and i constantly remind myself of this!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 10:46 PM on May. 19, 2011

• hugs

I dont know anything about it personally, but from what I hear it is tough. Hugs mama.

amber710

Answer by amber710 at 8:52 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I don't have any children on the spectrum, but I wish you good luck and offer you (hugs).
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 7:02 PM on May. 21, 2011

• No.
    DomsMama07

Answer by DomsMama07 at 10:44 PM on May. 23, 2011