• In the Spotlight:

my doctor said every girl have something under there thats thick n it have to get skinny to stared opening n haveing contrecions she said my was skinny already when u think am have it,my due date is 12/26/08 n am 37weeks ???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• huh?
    Anonymous

• what are you saying?
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 9:34 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• It is your cervix that your doctor was talking about. First it has to efface (thin out) and then it has to dialate (open up) before you will deliver your baby. Just because you have started to efface, doesn't mean your baby will be here soon. It can take quite some time for your cervix to fully prepare for labor, or it can be a quick process. There is no for sure answer.
    jltorres87

Answer by jltorres87 at 9:34 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• WTF???
    Anonymous

• That would be your cervix, it has to be 100% effaced (thinned) and 10cm dilated (open) to deliver your baby. You can be 3-4cm dilated and 100% efface and still walk around not in labor for weeks. There really is no way to tell when your baby is going to come.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 9:34 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• If this is your first baby then it could take a long time. If this is not your first then it could happen faster.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:35 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Learn how to spell!
    Anonymous

• I'm scared to imagine you are actually reproducing. This isn't just a case of bad spelling...wow.
    Anonymous

• hehe, I love these responses! There is no way that it could be topped.
    Anonymous