How do you get over the dissapointment of coming on your period when trying to conceive??

:-( This month me and hubby decided not to focus on trying too much and we had a great time trying,I thought being relaxed would of helped but I ended up coming on my period, a day early...not even sure why,Im really dissapointed...how do others ttc get over the sadness??

ashleysprincess

Asked by ashleysprincess at 4:51 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• You need something to take your focus out of conceiving, a puppy maybe, a Kittie,? sometimes you get obsessed without even realizing this, it happened to me, and a puppy got my focus on the dog and a month later I was pregnant, just something to think about, wish you best of luck and sending baby dust your way!baby dust

Answer by older at 5:00 PM on May. 18, 2011

• i do it by keeping my faith and knowing that God know the desires of my heart and will bless me i just need to do my part. i went through that alot and in 2008 i had an ectopic pregnanct in the only falopian tube i have which left it blocked with scare tissue. i will be doing IVF towards the end of the year and Priase God my husbands insurance cover unlimed IVF. i just have to have faith because this process is scary and i do not know what the out come will but but despite my fears i have to move forward andknow everything happens for a reason and maybe God has me going down this path so that i will have compassion for women going through similar problems. (idk about you , but for me i felt very alone like people didnt why i want another child and why it hurt so bad when i didnt become pregnant, even women) so i understand where your coming from, and ill be praying for you. also maybe you shoul
    Kambrosino07

Answer by Kambrosino07 at 5:01 PM on May. 18, 2011

• i really wanted to get a puppy my hubby agreed but then our new house landlord or something says no pets i was soo sad when i heard that too lol guess i'll have to think of something else xx
    ashleysprincess

Comment by ashleysprincess (original poster) at 5:05 PM on May. 18, 2011

• kambrosino-God is faithful He will come through I really believe that,I am reading the story of Hannah in the Bible and I know that this wait is producing something in me,making me want a baby more and more and making me draw closer to God and I really want and desire that more than anything,its just the pain of not knowing when the change will come...unlimitd ivf praise God I pray you dont have to go more than once though,and that you'll get pregnant first time with twins!! :-) xx
    ashleysprincess

Comment by ashleysprincess (original poster) at 5:09 PM on May. 18, 2011

• awwwww well that you im praying for that too, and that is an amazing story to read!!!!! keep doing what your doing i know that it gets hard sometimes but we need to stay strong, if you PM me with your private email i can email you baby scripture that my Pastors wife sent me, she suffered from two miscarrages and also recomened this book for me to read while i am going through this its is called Supernatural Childbirth by Jackie Mize (which i am getting this weekend. ill keep you lifted in pray and that God blesses you with the desires of your heart. and just remember we have to do out part too :) so look into chartting you temp (basal thermometor) they are ten bucks at your local drug store. and say in bed for at least 15-30 mins after sex and try putting a pillow under your butt. also watch for changes in cervical mucus, when it looks like egg whites thats when you ovulating.

Kambrosino07

Answer by Kambrosino07 at 5:17 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I pm you just now-I have read Supernatural Childbirth it is a wonderful book,it taught me how to pray in advance and not wait until ive conceived but to pray from even right now about my child's future,I guess that is what Hannah was doing,praying into the future of her son by prophetically dedicating his life to the Lord not knowing that God would raise him up to be a prophet among the nations...wow such a responsibility we have to our future kids,we may be the ones to give birth to the next president or evangelists or pastors!!!The book is uplifting and reminds me how much we must relay on God,gosh this conversation alone is reminding me of that!!! I am gonna start charting and become more of my body i have tried having sex at my most fertile times as well as the butt on the pillow i guess persistance is key??
    ashleysprincess

Comment by ashleysprincess (original poster) at 5:27 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Im totally gettiing that book, and i think you are right about the responsibility we haev over our children!!!!!! im going to start praying and def get that book this weekend..... and Amen persistance is KEY lol if we do our part i believe our God is faithful and will do his part!!!!! we need to remember that God loves us and knows every hair on our heads and kno that God spoke into our hears for us to be fruitful and mutiply and we need to keep confessing that AMEN. im sure we will be hearing about a BFP!!!!! really SOON. Praise God for everything he has done, is doing, and will continue to do!!!! i am totally blessed that you have some into my life and i will for sure be praying for you my dear :)
    Kambrosino07

Answer by Kambrosino07 at 6:59 PM on May. 18, 2011