Why get mad? O.o

ok so here's whats going on, i need my family to help me buy a stroller and a bassinet/crib (interchangeable) my mom bought an actual crib for me, and my dad is helping me pay for the $200 stroller i plan to get...the thing is i asked my boyfriend to ask his parents for help on the bassinet/crib its $80 with a coupon i have, he asked his mom about it last night....she got mad at ME like i did something wrong for asking for help, saying how i don't need this stuff now i should just buy it later. ok i get that they dont have the money since my boyfriends little sister is going to prom this weekend and their spending money on her....i get it i can just ask my dad to buy it its no big deal my dad was thinking about buying the bassinet anyway (i say thinking cuz he wasnt sure if he would get enough back from the tax thing, and i think he only got enough to help with the stroller)

im still confused about why my boyfriends mom would be mad at me for asking to help with the bassinet.....i mean yeah we have a couple months to get it, im 28 weeks pregnant and due in august....i just want to get the most expensive stuff out of the way so when we do have the baby shower...if we even have one, i want people to just buy clothes, diapers, and bottles.i dont want them to worry if someone got me the stroller or the bassinet already

idk im just confused.....
why do you think my boyfriends mom would get mad like this? cuz he doesn't even know
(sorry if this is really long and in the wrong category)

ooh i forgot one thing the coupon im talking about expires next week and the price of the bassinet will go back  up to $100 instead of being $80 thats why i asked my boyfriend to ask his parents

Lizzypuppylove

Asked by Lizzypuppylove at 4:58 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• she's not responsible for paying for baby items. You are the one having the child you shouldn't EXPECT her to pay. I think she should help out. But I don't think it was your place to TELL her I need this, and this is what you HAVE to do.
    cailynsmommy626

Answer by cailynsmommy626 at 5:00 PM on May. 18, 2011

• To be honest you will only use a bassinet for a month or so. Baby will outgrow it fast.
    Anonymous

• i never said i TOLD her to help me i said i asked my boyfriend to ask his parents if they can HELP
    Lizzypuppylove

Comment by Lizzypuppylove (original poster) at 5:02 PM on May. 18, 2011

• anon ooh i know that's why im getting on that changes into a crib when he gets bigger
    Lizzypuppylove

• ahhh ok
    Anonymous

• i should say i never TOLD her to buy it for me***
    Lizzypuppylove

Comment by Lizzypuppylove (original poster) at 5:03 PM on May. 18, 2011

• also its a little hard to buy anything when you got layed off from a business that closed down last year soooooo
    Lizzypuppylove

Comment by Lizzypuppylove (original poster) at 5:04 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I agree that you shouldn't be asking everyone to get stuff for you. If you have to maybe you should consider less pricey stuff. Its nice to be helped out but it is you and your bf's responsibility. No one else's.
    Anonymous

• lol im picky....im also a paranoid person if something i see doesn't look right ill move right along to the next thing...my dad knows that and he's just as paranoid as me he made me show him pictures of the stroller and bassinet, made me show him a video of how they are put together and how they sit and are set up and on Saturday were gonna actually go look at them to see how good they really are.....the stroller seems fine to my dad though
    Lizzypuppylove

Comment by Lizzypuppylove (original poster) at 5:10 PM on May. 18, 2011

• and=when lol sorry im doing a million things at once
    Lizzypuppylove

Comment by Lizzypuppylove (original poster) at 5:11 PM on May. 18, 2011