Is there a difference between fastfood meat and the meat that we prepare at home?

They both have preservatives and frozen, is that right?

filmom2ethan

Asked by filmom2ethan at 5:41 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Yes, you know what you put in it and how long its been sitting there.
    booger14

Answer by booger14 at 5:44 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Are you talking about the frozen patties you buy to make at home?

I do not buy the frozen patties. I make our burgers with ground chuck and spices we like in our house.
    Anonymous

• no, all kinds of meat. For instance: sandwich meat that we prepare at home and those that we buy from Subway or from store delis, fried chicken that we buy from KFC or the ones that we have at home. We don't really know how long these meats have been stored or frozen, the ones that we buy from the store?
    filmom2ethan

Comment by filmom2ethan (original poster) at 6:19 PM on May. 18, 2011

• ... not unless we buy it from a wet market and see that the meat was cut fresh from the day it was butchered?
    filmom2ethan

Comment by filmom2ethan (original poster) at 6:25 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Hell yeah there's a difference I know when I make meat at home there's a lot less gristle when I eat out I'm constantly spitting out or finding either a fatty part of meat or a hard piece I can't chew or swallow
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 11:05 AM on May. 19, 2011

• there is a huge diff...i try my very best to keep my family from eatting places like mcdonalds, bking, subway etc..if something happens and we have to we have noticed that we are all feeling bad later that day or the next that tells me alot..and when we make burgers at home or steaks etc we are fine..
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 11:09 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Sometimes I think there is no difference. I think preparing meals at home gives you a better chance of having less fat. Most restaruraunts have butter preserves in the juice and at home you can prepare them different. But most everything has perservatives of some type. I do not buy organic so I have not checked about perservatives inside it.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 2:32 PM on May. 19, 2011