OK I feel really stupid asking this, but here I go anyways!

I think I may be having contractions, but what I am feeling was not registering on the monitors at the hospital the other night. I get all crampy then my tummy gets all tight and starts hurting like hell, like it is pulling in on itself. It hurts really bad, and my tummy is really really tight. but like I said it is not registering on the hospital monitors. IDK so someone please tell me what you think

sianniona

Asked by sianniona at 5:48 PM on May. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• well let me tell you the same thing happened to me, i was in labor and the monitor wouldnt read my contraction, they had to use internal monetors. I just his head was facing the wrong way ..... but needless to say i didnt feel contraction in my stomach only in my back but my stomach got tight.. also had been having braxton hicks since 30 weeks and took a few trps to the ER and every tim ei was dialated 1 or 2 the closer i got it was 4 last doc apt was 4 then they induced me, but anyways lol every trip to the er they told me i was not contracting, (i was dialating obviously i was LOL)
    Kambrosino07

Answer by Kambrosino07 at 5:56 PM on May. 18, 2011

• braxton hicks, go home relax and put ur feet up, get some rest, cuz ull never rest agin. :-)
    Susannah19

Answer by Susannah19 at 5:50 PM on May. 18, 2011

• True contractions start in your lower back and you can feel them come around and down into your lower abdomen. You will know. Its not just cramps. GL :)
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 5:54 PM on May. 18, 2011

• it could be just braxton hicks contractions and just hurt really bad
    BishopND2008

Answer by BishopND2008 at 6:01 PM on May. 18, 2011

• well i did dialate some so i know that they were real, but then he just decided to stop! and now it has been a few days and it is still going on. have doc appointment tomorrow morning, gonna ask him about it and see what he says.
    sianniona

Comment by sianniona (original poster) at 6:06 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Drink plenty of water and understand that not all labor will hit your back. I have had 3 kids and never once did it touch my back. good luck mamma!
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 10:57 AM on May. 19, 2011

• Just got home from Doctors! I have been having contractions!! YAY!!! I am dialated to 2 1/2 cm and the doc says he dont think i am gonna make it even 2 more weeks!! I am so excited! I Cannot wait to hold Aiden-Matthew in my arms at last. He is approx 5lb4oz and ready to come out!
    sianniona

Comment by sianniona (original poster) at 11:49 AM on May. 19, 2011

• I am so happy to hear that! Here's hoping you DON"T have back labor at all!
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 9:54 PM on May. 19, 2011

• OH i hope not. I am gonna go walking today and see if that will help the little guy along, i have been told that is one of the best ways to get things moving along, so here goes nothing right!
    sianniona

Comment by sianniona (original poster) at 8:25 AM on May. 20, 2011